Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
2. Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.> >
3. A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.> >
4. People do not get sick from cold weather; it's from being indoors a lot more. > >
5. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop, even your heart!> >
6. Only 7 per cent of the population are lefties.> >
7. Forty people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute. > >
8. Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until they are 2-6 years old. > >
9. The average person over 50 will have spent 5 years waiting in lines.> >
10. The toothbrush was invented in 1498. > >
11. The average housefly lives for one month.> >
12. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.> >
13. A coat hanger is 44 inches long when straightened.> >
14. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute. > >
15. Your feet are bigger in the afternoon than any other time of day. > >
16. Most of us have eaten a spider in our sleep.> >
17. The REAL reason ostriches stick their head in the sand is to search for water. > >
18. The only two animals that can see behind themselves without turning their heads are the rabbit and the parrot. > >
19. John Travolta turned down the starring roles in "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "Tootsie."
20. Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State anthem.> >
21. In most television commercials advertising milk, a mixture of white paint and a little thinner is used in place of the milk. > >
22. Prince Charles and Prince William NEVER travel on the same airplane, just in case there is a crash.> >
23. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle, built in 1903, used a tomato can for a carburetor.> > 24. Most hospitals make money by selling the umbilical cords cut from women who give birth. They are used in vein transplant surgery.> >
25. Humphrey Bogart was related to Princess Diana. They were 7th cousins.> >
26. If coloring weren't added to Coca-Cola, it would be green.>
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I am off to Boo! Maybe I will find you!
BTW, if you just read this blog, you have now been BOO-ed!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Last night was the big night for our kids. They were the flower girl and crown bearer at the homecoming ceremony for our town's high school. Yes, I know that they are both homeschooled and not in the public school system but it just worked out that we have been friends with the homecoming Queen since she was a baby and Kevin and I have felt like she was our "adopted daughter" for years and years. Taylor and her brother Conner were our "kids" before we had our own and we have learned many valuable parenting tips from their parents Mark and Christy. It almost surreal to see Taylor all grown up and a Sr in high school and going off to college next year. She was such a cute little baby the first time we met her and now she's almost off on her own and such a wonderful young lady. I know that our kids look up to her and we couldn't ask for a better role model in life then Taylor. All eyes were focused on Taylor and our kids were so happy to part of her special night and it's something that they will remember forever.
I have to say thank you to Ashley for the use of her beautiful black fur capelet that she let Makenzie borrow last night. Without it on I know Makenzie would have been a frozen popsicle because her dress was sleeveless. THANKS ASHLEY!
I also have to say thanks to all of our family that made it last night and came out to support our kids! We really appreciate you being there and those of you that couldn't make it thanks for all of the encouraging words! The kids were a little nervous but did a great job.
Also, thanks to Lanette at Too Blonde Salon for making Makenzie's hair (she has a ton of it) look fabulous! It's still curly today because she was too tired from all the fun to come home and wash her hair
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Makenzie and MaKenzie together again!
The kids being silly!
Kenzie trying to pull Kylan
Grandpa pulled the grandkids around the patch in that wagon
Kylan with his "sweet pumkin"
Peek a boo makes her laugh!
I think this one was the best one with Grandma and Grandpa!
Last night we got together with the Wedemeyer side of the family and went to the pumpkin patch for some cousin photos. I took around 66 photos and only a few of them turned out pretty good...in most pix 1 or more of the kids are not looking at the camera but that's ok because they were having a fun time with their cousins.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Kylan playing at Funtastic island park
The docent from the Tulsa zoo
Kenzie feeding the goats
Skylar feeding the goats
Tristan and Seth feeding the goats
Kylan and his friend Jack (Kylan is so happy that they have matching aprons)
Since I was so busy with the JBF sale (see previous post) I didn't have time to post last week so here is the week in review.
My sis in law came into town and I hardly got to see her due to working all the time buy my wonderful husband took the kids to see her several times during the week, the kids finished up their 7 week course at our church. Makenzie's Kid U course was soccer and Kylan's was Outdoor Adventure the next 7 weeks they are going to be taking martial arts and they are super excited and can't wait!
The kids started hip hop class but when we got to class the teacher was sick so it was canceled so today is actually their first day.
The library had a zoo docent come and talk about pond life animals.
Kellee (my sis) and her kids came to play one day.
My mom found us a free used desk for Kylan and some dividers that they use in offices for our school room.
I broke my toe and then 3 days later I twisted my ankle again and it's almost totally black on one side! YUCK!!!
Coop was fun and the kids made piggie pizza's in cooking class.
We had a vision screening for our homeschool group and Kylan passed but Kenzie didn't so it looks like glasses are in her future!
Kylan was asked to me Makenzie's escort for the Owasso Band Homecoming court. Makenzie was asked to be the little flower girl princess and her escort backed out so they asked Kylan. We went and got him fitted for his tux and I told him you sure do look handsome and he said, "I know". Wish I had that much self confidence!!!
We celebrated Sierra's(our niece) birthday while she's in town.
Kevin's parents had their 4 kids together so they had them choose items that were from Grandma and Grandpa Wedemeyer's house. We heard some great memories from that session.
This was the last week our church is going to be in the gym next week we will be in the actual sanctuary that was re-modeled.
Oh, I forgot that we also went back to Will Roger's Bithplace and had a picnic and small field trip with some homeschool friends.
This is a typical week in the Wedemeyer house but I usually am not entering tags for the JBF sale so that made it even more crazy then normal and in between all of this we have to do school!
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
About the author/filmmaker/producer Tim Mahoney founded Mahoney Media Group, Inc. (MMG) in 1989. MMG focused its business on televi...
Every Saturday our DVR records The Pioneer Woman's cooking show and when Kenzie and I are both available we snuggle down on the couch a...
Each week as we've been traveling through the US Civil War we've enjoyed learning about different leaders, Civil War vocabulary wor...
Over the last year I've found the ease of the "dump cake" and my family and I've enjoyed several different versions of ...