Every year my children have tried a different art program, and we've loved some of them and gave them rave reviews and some we just didn't mention because they were failures for us. See the Light has been so inspiring for myself and my children, and I knew we just had to share with you! We had the option to choose from several DVD art classes and we chose Pointillism. We learned about the famous artist Georges Seurat and how he used small dots of paint from the very tip of his paintbrush and he added layer upon layer until he achieved the desired affect. Here's a list of the different artists and art projects that are in the See The Light DVD series.
- DRAW A WINDOW IN THE STYLE OF LOUIS COMFORT TIFFANY
- DRAW A WATERCOLOR PAINTING IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN POP ARTIST WAYNE THIEBAUD
- CREATE A PAPER COLLAGE IN THE STYLE FRENCH ARTIST HENRI ROUSSEAU
- CREATE A FRUIT STILL LIFE IN THE STYLE OF FRENCH ARTIST GEORGES SEURAT
- CREATE AN ABSTRACT FLOWER IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN ARTIST GEORGIA O’KEEFFE
- CREATE AN ACRYLIC OR TEMPERA PAINTING IN THE STYLE OF RUSSIAN ARTIST MARC CHAGALL
- DRAW A CHALK PASTEL IN THE STYLE OF FRENCH ARTIST EDGAR DEGAS
- PAINT A WATERCOLOR SEASCAPE IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN ARTIST WINSLOW HOMER
- CREATE AN OIL PASTEL SUNFLOWER IN THE STYLE OF DUTCH ARTIST VINCENT VAN GOGH
You can purchase the whole set for $99.99 for more info click here or See the Light offers them separately for $14.99 each.
Makenzie was intrigued and couldn't wait to start. We chose to use an orange, apple and banana for their fruit still life. First, she lightly sketched her fruit.
Then she started adding color around the edges of the fruit with the tip of a Q-tip.
Next, she filled in each fruit with a solid color.
During each segment of the video Pat Knepley is instructing on how to shape the fruit, shading, she goes over the color wheel, she shows examples of Georges Seurat's gorgeous paintings and she also opens up her Bible and reads scriptures that go along with what she's speaking about.
Makenzie started working on her shading in this step.
Finally, she finishes her painting by making sure it looks just like she wants it to with shadows, all the stems on and a table line added.
A couple of things you might want to know before you get started are make sure you have all the supplies that are listed on the DVD. They make it easy for you! Set aside about an hour and a half or so to watch the DVD and work on each lesson.
To contact See the Light click on any of the following links:
See the Light blog
Thanks for reading,