Today is only day 1 so it looked like a normal chicken and it didn't smell.
Don't forget to buy the gloves, my kids didn't want to touch the chicken without them on! I bought a box of 50 at WalMart for about $4
1. Weigh the chicken. Observe condition and appearance of the bird and
take notes. Our chicken was 5"x6" and weighed 5.6 lbs
2. Thoroughly dry the chicken. Wipe the exterior of the bird until the paper towels stick to the skin. Stuff
the internal cavity of the bird with paper towels and to absorb any liquid. Remove paper towels and
3. Rub the exterior of the bird with fragrant spices – ground cumin, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, or nutmeg and also rub with baking soda to help with the smell.
4. Fill the cavity of the bird with salt.
5. Place the chicken in a zip lock bag and pour remaining salt around the bird, rubbing some of the salt into
the skin. Try to keep salt from collecting in the zip lock portion of the plastic bag, as this will hinder the
ability of the bag to seal.
6. Close the bag tightly and place in another zip lock bag.
We will continue to monitor the chicken and let you know what happens!