- 2 Spaghetti Squash already cooked
- 2 Medium Sized Chicken Breast, Cooked & Shredded
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 artichokes
- 3 eggs-2 you just need the yolk
- 4 pieces no sugar bacon
- In a dutch oven or steamer, begin by fully steaming the spaghetti squash. Once it is steamed, scrape out the seeds with a fork. Then, use a fork to scrape out the remaining spaghetti squash and set aside. I was in a hurry this time so I popped mine in the microwave for 5 minutes each and that was it.
- Next in a large skillet or large stock pot, cook bacon until crispy
- Next, add in the onions and garlic and after 1 minute add the mushrooms, artichokes and tomatoes (I simmered them in the bacon fat).
- While everything is simmering I beat the 2 egg yolk and 1 full egg together and then added 1 cup Parmesan cheese to this mixture.
- Poor 1 full can of coconut milk into simmering mix after about 3-4 minutes of stirring I added the chicken and spaghetti squash into the pan and cooked until everything was piping hot.
- Now, turn off the stove top and pour your cheese and egg mix into pan but don't let the eggs curdle just keep stirring until everything comes together and forms a rich sauce.
At dinner I asked my kids what they thought it was. They said angel hair pasta. Score 1 for mom!! That's a boatload of veggies that I packed into one meal and they didn't even have any idea it wasn't pasta. Next time I'm adding spinach, I think the green will really pop and give it an extra punch of nutrition. I'm really enjoying the Paleo lifestyle and my body is thanking me (I know some don't use cheese but this recipe called for it).
Thanks for reading,