I usually make a couple of New Years Resolutions for myself but my husband Kevin and I normally sit down and make out our family goals for the following year. They usually involve our family health, finances, travel goals for the year and last but certainly not least our spiritual goals for the year. This year was no exception, we set some goals for the year.
Many are private family goals but here are a few that I thought I'd share with my readers.
1. Make sure the family stays healthy. Last year we were sick so often it was HORRIBLE, we just kept passing it around and then would start all over again. One way we are taking action is by making sure the whole family drinks Emergen-C every morning when we wake up.
|Pink Lemonade is my all time favorite, the kids like strawberry and Kevin likes tangerine or super orange.|
We are cutting back on all drinks except for water! We always have a water drinking contest to see who can drink the most water. It really gets the kids motivated.
2. Get more exercise- so this one is not aimed at Kevin or Kenzie, they both get a lot of exercise and are in fantastic shape. Kylan and I are not in good shape so we are on a mission to fix that.
One way we are doing that is walking, we started running with the Couch to 5K, and today we started Zumba.
|I have the C25K app on my iPhone and it's wonderful|
Zumba was a lot of fun even though I felt like I had two left feet. Everyone has told me to just keep trying and before long I will get the hang of it, I'm not really sure if my hips can do all those motions but it IS a lot of fun and 1 hour had gone by before I even knew it. I was so sweaty too, it must be a pretty good workout!
3. Spend more quality family time. One way we have incorporated that is family game night, we have had so much fun playing games as a family. Laughing and just having a blast bonding with our children. We also plan on going camping more this year. Last year we only got to go one time with the Bush family to Robber's Cave but we had a great time.
|Camping at Robbers Cave|
Also, one way to spend more time with extended family was by giving the gift of time. I know it may sound cheesy but that's exactly what we did for several people for Christmas. Special activities almost like a "date" with the Wedemeyer family so we can spend time with them doing something fun.
4. Spend more time with friends-this is a hard one! We are so busy, our friends are so busy and life just moves on and doesn't stop and before you know it, it's been 1 year and you haven't seen your friend. Yes, I'm so sad to say that this does and has happened to us! This year we are going to be more diligent to set aside time to spend with our friends, they matter to us and I want them to know they matter!
I have a couple of personal resolutions this year too.
1. Get back into scrapbooking, I really miss it and just haven't made the time to scrapbook in 2 years!
2. Run a 5K and a 1/2 marathon (I need my readers to hold me accountable for this one please)!
Do you have any New Year Resolutions? Goals for the year or do you just fly by the seat of your pants?
Thanks for reading,