I'm not normally a big fan of beets, they never tease my taste buds but I was watching a Paula Deen cooking show and she made this and it really looked tempting. I thought I'd give it a try and LOVE it now!
- 2 (15 1/4-ounce) cans sliced beets, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Dash hot sauce
Remove broiler tray from oven and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Replace tray and preheat broiler. After beets are drained place on coated broiler tray. Place under hot broiler, turning every 2 to 3 minutes until edges start to brown, approximately 8 to10 minutes. Remove beets from oven and allow to cool. Mix remaining ingredients with cooled beets. Toss and serve.