Saturday, December 27, 2008
Aunt Kat emailed me earlier in the year and asked for measurements for the kids and I told her that if she wanted to make Makenzie something I had a great idea. The idea was from when we went to Little House on the Prairie Makenzie was really wanting one of the Prairie outfits but I don't well enough to make a cute dress, bonnet and apron but Aunt Kat does! She found an adorable Holly Hobby pattern and used it to make Kenzie, Paige and Brooke prairie outfits. Makenzie was SO excited and can't wait to wear it! Kenzie has some girlfriends that also have prarie outfits so she wants to get together with them and play sometime soon!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Kylan asked for a purple light saber from Star Wars and Kenzie asked for a surprise. Mrs. Clause gave them each a yummy cookie and then we were off!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Do you ever take a little quiz and then wonder why you did it? Oops I did it agian and here are my results. Leave a comment when you find out what you are.
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Jackie!
You are a Jackie. "I do everything the right way."
Jackies are realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals.
How to Get Along with Me
* Take your share of the responsibility so I don't end up with all the work.
* Acknowledge my achievements.
* I'm hard on myself. Reassure me that I'm fine the way I am.
* Tell me that you value my advice.
* Be fair and considerate, as I am.
* Apologize if you have been unthoughtful. It will help me to forgive.
* Gently encourage me to lighten up and to laugh at myself when I get uptight, but hear my worries first.
What I Like About Being a Jackie
* Being self-disciplined and able to accomplish a great deal
* Working hard to make the world a better place
* Having high standards and ethics; not compromising myself
* Being reasonable, responsible, and dedicated in everything I do
* Being able to put facts together, coming to good understandings, and figuring out wise solutions
* Being the best I can be and bringing out the best in other people
What's Hard About Being a Jackie
* Being disappointed with myself or others when my expectations are not met
* Feeling burdened by too much responsibility
* Thinking that what I do is never good enough
* Not being appreciated for what I do for people
* Being upset because others aren't trying as hard as I am
* Obsessing about what I did or what I should do
* Being tense, anxious, and taking things too seriously
Jackies as Children Often
* Criticize themselves in anticipation of criticism from others
* Refrain from doing things that they think might not come out perfect
* Focus on living up to the expectations of their parents and teachers
* Are very responsible; may assume the role of parent
* Hold back negative emotions ("good children aren't angry")
Jackies as Parents
* Teach their children responsibility and strong moral values
* Are consistent and fair
* Discipline firmly
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Yesterday morning Kylan gets up and says, "I want to learn more about that Shakey man" I look at him, "hummmm what are you talking about?" Kylan said, "you know that shakey man that wrote the plays and wears the funny clothes" so to us Shakespeare is now called "The Shakey Man"
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women: Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women is the newest devotional from Zondervan by Lindsay A...
Every Saturday our DVR records The Pioneer Woman's cooking show and when Kenzie and I are both available we snuggle down on the couch a...
Each week as we've been traveling through the US Civil War we've enjoyed learning about different leaders, Civil War vocabulary wor...
If you are a blogger you might be interested in reading your stats page, it gives you info for your most looked at page and breaks it down i...